Nobody likes the idea of having crooked teeth. Unfortunately, it’s a genetic unavoidability for some people. The good news is, orthodontic technology has improved a lot over the past decade. Where the only option used to be traditional wire braces, there are now several solutions to help children and adults straighten their teeth.
But which is the best way to straighten teeth without braces? That depends on several factors, like how much correction is needed, your lifestyle, and your budget.
At Salling & Tate General Dentistry, we offer two alternatives to traditional braces: Invisalign® and SureSmile®. To determine which may be best for you, it’s best to take a look at the features of each system.
What is the difference between SureSmile and Invisalign?
Invisalign Pros and Cons
Invisalign works by using a series of clear aligners to move the teeth. The aligners are made with Invisalign’s own patented, thermoplastic material called SmartTrack®.
How Are Invisalign Trays Made?
The first step is to make an appointment at Salling & Tate General Dentistry. We’ll take a 3D scan of your teeth and calculate an exact treatment plan. We can even show you exactly what your teeth will look like after your treatment is complete. Afterward, we’ll send your scan to the folks at Insailign, who create a series of aligners designed just for you.
Once the aligners are sent back to us, you’ll come in for a visit to give them a test run. Invisalign trims each aligner by hand and tests them as part of their quality control process to ensure the perfect fit.
SureSmile Pros and Cons
SureSmile is another clear aligner system that is anything but traditional.
How Are SureSmile Braces Made?
The process begins when you visit our office to discuss your treatment plan. During this initial visit, we’ll take a 3D scan of your teeth. Next, we’ll design your ideal bite with the SureSmile Treatment Planning Software before sending all of this data to SureSmile for analysis. Armed with a detailed map of your current and future bite, the sure SureSmile gets to work.
Benefits of SureSmile and Invisalign Clear Aligners
- They’re almost invisible! You’ll be straightening your teeth at home, and everywhere you go, without anyone even noticing.
- You can take them out to eat, drink, and care for your teeth
- Cleaning clear aligners is easy – just brush them well with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush!
- They are low maintenance. There’s no need for adjustments like there is with traditional braces. All you have to do is visit us about every six weeks to make sure things are on track.
- They’re comfortable. Since they’re designed specifically for your teeth, the fit is perfect. Once you get used to them, you’ll probably forget you’re even wearing aligners.
- You don’t have to change your diet. Since clear aligners are removable, no foods are off-limits and you can continue to eat whatever you want.
- They won’t affect your daily life. Since aligners are clear and discrete, nobody will notice or make comments about them. They won’t affect your ability to eat, sleep, or speak. You can even play sports while wearing them.
- They can be used to treat almost any smile, whether your mouth is crowded or your bite is off.
How Much Does it Cost to Straighten Your Teeth?
In order to give you a quote for the cost of teeth straightening, we need to evaluate your bite and determine which treatment option is best for you. Ready to straighten your teeth and fall in love with your smile? Give us a call to get started – 910-256-9040.